Thursday, December 27, 2007

I want my experience!


The advertisments said "Come into Officeworks for a completely different Christmas experience"!
I decided to partake in such a wonderful offer, I mean, I have had plenty of amazing Christmases (Christmasii?).
Showing up to buy a packet of pens I was immediately taken by the amazing, well, range of pens. There were some decorations around the place, but still no different a christmas experience than I could get down the Campsie 'Everythings $2' junk store.
It must be at the checkout where a reasonably attractive blonde chick with a Santa hat was serving.
Perhaps the completely different experience was that I would get the pens for free, perhaps commercial greed had been put aside for a week and the good of the community would come first.
When she rung up the $2.15 I realised it must be that she rips off her top.
So as I handed over the coins, I was shaking with anticipation as the exciting view about to be brought forth.
On handing me the reciept, she gave me a small incincere smile (you know, the ones you get at any grocery store), turned away and said 'Thank you'.

Confused, I walked out of the store.

Can someone help tell me where my 'completely different' experience is? I seem to have lost it.

No comments: