Thursday, December 27, 2007

New Years Resolutions!


OK, hands up who has made one?
Now hands up who think they will keep to it?
Not many of you still with your hands up hey.

Each year I used to make a new years resolution that I would get photos of a list of locomotives and would go photographing in certain location for the first time!

POPPYCOCK!

This year I am faced with an existence that, to be quite frank, is seemingly useless. Yep I admit it, life has sucked the last year. Operations, lack of work, endless building up of bills and the late fees to go with them, a harsh reality that many people don't gives a rats left bollock as to whether or not you can even live.

Its been a time of reality, not only in regards to the fact life is not endless, but also a reality that not everyone who you may think cares for you, actually does.

Come January 1st my resolution is to say exactly what I am thinking. Not bottle it up and let it come out in bursts, I will just out with it. To hell with the consequences.

Yep I know a few people who will become decidedly pissed off about it, some will likely not talk to me again, however I know the worthwhile ones will still be left standing at the end of the next 12 months and those are the ones I will confidently be able to say "actually care".

It could well be a life/work/hobby changing experience for me, I hope it is and I hope others will also take the time to start saying what they think.

Stop covering up because you don't wish to hurt someone. Stuff them, if they gave two hoots about you, then you would have no reason to have been so forward in the first place.

I admire those people who are able to be forward with their thoughts. Those who don't bollock around and not say what is bothering them. It may not always be good to hear, but at least you know the truth, no fake friendship, no spiteful games, just the total truth.

I dearly hope I can be one of them and have stronger friendships out of the resultant trainwrecks some friendships are about to become.

No comments: